I'm Back, Baby

Even though it's still the same language over there, most of our week-long trip to the United Kingdom would be lost in translation.

As I alluded to in my trans-Atlantic drop-in last week, this trip could be summed up with the tag line, "Four Yankee jerks moving sarcastically through England's monuments, landmarks and football stadiums one day at a time." And unless you were along for the jerkstore ride, I'm not sure any of it will make a lick of sense. It barely makes sense to me, and about all I know right now is that the "F.C." must stand for fantasy camp, not football club.

But I'm gonna try to do my part on this here rag to crack out some posts that youse can all get behind, that will translate into mass comedy instead of the private joke material. You know, like why is this picture below funny? Because this man is waiting for Don Fiedler's able body to exit the handicap stall at Reading's Madejski Stadium (aka The Mad Stad). Handstand's got a video of this scene, and the look on Don's face after exiting the loo is priceless.

So let this serve as an introduction to some more analysis from our trip to England and Wales, sprinkled in with some other shit about which you'll actually care. More to follow, chaps...

Slack Link of the Day: They may remain Sleepless in Seattle, but at least they won't be Bonerless out there: "Sexpresso coffee shops take Seattle by storm"

Slack Video of the Day: Since I have no real use for this video in a post this week, here's a little clip of our view from the London Eye.

Slack Song of the Day: In honor of last night's Super Bowl Halftime Show, in which Prince tore the imaginary roof off the sucka, let's do a little Purple Rain this fine frigid morning.